clamdscan: corrupt or unknown clamd scanner error
Tom
2005-02-25 04:59:54 UTC
QmailMasters: I had Inter7 do a qmail audit of my qmail system and it
turned out
that I had /usr/bin/clamdscan symlinked to /usr/bin/clamscan.
So, I installed clamav-daemon using apt-get and it replaced my symbolic
link. As soon as this happened, I started getting this in my mail.err file:

Feb 24 21:45:32 pobox X-Antivirus-mydomain.net-1.22-st-qms:
[pobox.mydomain.net110930673262018351] clamdscan: corrupt or unknown
clamd scanner error or memory/resource/perms problem - exit status 2

According to a clamav.net docs, here is the solution:
"Most likely clamd is not running at all, or you are running
Qmail-Scanner and clamd under a different uid. If you are running
Qmail-Scanner as qscand (default setting) you could put |User qscand|
inside your clamd.conf file and restart clamd. Remember to check that
qscand can create clamd.ctl (usually located at
|/var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl|). Same thing applies to the log file."

I have changed the user to qscand in my clamd.conf file and restarted
but still get that error. Any
ideas? Here is a ps of the two processes:
clamav 10392 0.0 0.1 4320 1276 ? Ss 21:37 0:00
/usr/bin/freshclam -d --quiet -p /var/run/clamav/freshclam.pid
qscand 23101 75.0 0.3 6380 3588 ? R 21:53 0:00
/usr/bin/clamdscan -r --disable-summary --max-recursion=10
--max-space=100000 --mbox
/var/spool/qmailscan/tmp/pobox.mydomain.net110930719462023097

Any ideas? Thanks for your help.
Charles Cazabon
2005-02-25 15:29:39 UTC
Post by Tom
[pobox.mydomain.net110930673262018351] clamdscan: corrupt or unknown
clamd scanner error or memory/resource/perms problem - exit status 2
Your problem is with ClamAV. Please ask your question on the clamscan users'
mailing list, not the qmail list.

Charles
Charles Cazabon <***@discworld.dyndns.org>
GPL'ed software available at: http://pyropus.ca/software/
Read http://pyropus.ca/personal/writings/12-steps-to-qmail-list-bliss.html
Tom
2005-02-25 15:35:04 UTC
Post by Charles Cazabon
Post by Tom
[pobox.mydomain.net110930673262018351] clamdscan: corrupt or unknown
clamd scanner error or memory/resource/perms problem - exit status 2
Your problem is with ClamAV. Please ask your question on the clamscan users'
mailing list, not the qmail list.
Charles
Funny, by the time you typed this message, you could have probably told
me what was wrong.
I'll go find their mail list and post it there. ty
Niek
2005-02-25 15:46:37 UTC
Post by Tom
Funny, by the time you typed this message, you could have probably told
me what was wrong.
I'll go find their mail list and post it there. ty
Why do you assume Charles knows clamav and/or qmail-scanner ?
Why do you assume he must answer your question ?

Perhaps you should read Charles' 12 steps.... document, which you can find in
his signature.

Best regards,
Niek
Tom
2005-02-25 16:03:57 UTC
Post by Niek
Post by Tom
Funny, by the time you typed this message, you could have probably
told me what was wrong.
I'll go find their mail list and post it there. ty
Why do you assume Charles knows clamav and/or qmail-scanner ?
Why do you assume he must answer your question ?
Perhaps you should read Charles' 12 steps.... document, which you can find in
his signature.
Best regards,
Niek
I apologize to the list and to Charles. Very bad day and that was stupid
of me to send that out.
I need a beer and it's only 9am.